The first Cities and Memory album, Erinnerungen an eine Stadt(‘memories of a city’) is out today for FREE download via the excellent German label Mobius Spin.
The album contains 24 tracks by artists from around the world representing 24 hours in the life of Hamburg.
The tracklisting takes you on a geographical journey across the city from west to east, beginning at the Willkomm Hoeft and ending in the district of Ohlsdorf, and taking in many of the city’s most iconic sights and sounds in the process.
The album also comes with a free PDF book with details about the project and all of the contributing artists.
Following on from the recent ‘CITIES and MEMORY: Hamburg Sound Map’
German net label Mobius Spin will be releasing a selection of the re-imagined sounds as an album
The album, entitled ‘Erinnerungen an eine Stadt’, will feature 24 tracks based on Stuart Fowkes’s field recordings from Hamburg. 24 different sounds artists, representing 24 hours in the life of the city.
The track listing will take you on a geographical trip across the city, starting in the west at the Willkomm Hoeft, and finishing further east in Ohlsdorf. Along the way, there will be pounding techno, delicate piano ballads, abstract drone compositions and several pieces that defy any categorization at all!
The album will be completely free to download.
It’s out on 12 December, and will feature a PDF full of info about all the artists who’ve contributed.
The full tracklisting is as follows (titles followed by the location the track is based on):
- Hamburg Daydream (Willkomm Hoeft) – Jase Warner
- Nationalhymne (Willkomm Hoeft) – Mike Bingham
- Autopistas Imaginarias (Bahrenfelder Strasse) – Emmanuel Galvan
- Under the Elbe (Blankenese) – Eric Powell
- Ticket to Ride (reprise) (Fabrik) – Colin Ventura
- Anti-ISIS Techno (Altona) – Tim Waterfield
- Monoliths on the River Elbe (St. Pauli Fischmarkt)- Dan Tapper
- Grosse Freiheit Hamburg (Random Mix) (Grosse Freiheit) – Random Order Collective
- German Football (Sibersacktwiete) – Kid Kin
- Devils In The Night (Landungsbruecken) – Laurence Colbert
- The Elbe’s Concert Pitch (Landungsbruecken) – Cities and Memory
- restive under the river rmx (Old Elbtunnel) – restive
- Epsilon (Sternschanze) – Stanislav Nikolov
- The Floodgate Opens (Ellerholzschleuse) – Mimetik
- Alte Orgel neuer Klang (St. Michaelis) – Martin Dixon
- St Michaelis Hamburg vs St Mary’s Birmingham (St. Michaelis) – Matt Parker
- Planten Und Blomen in Dub (Planten Und Blomen) – Martin Kristopher
- Breakdown in Communication (Hamburg Airport) – Amber-Zoë Cheesman
- Two Thousand Bridges (Heiligengeistbruecke) – Andy Lyon
- Five Little Steam Engines (Speicherstadt) – La Cosa Preziosa
- Katzenjammer (Jungfernstieg) – This Little Piggy
- Memories… Walking With The Gulls (Rathausmarkt) – Mark Taylor
- Subterranean (Steintorplatz) – Lee Barry
- Bahn Train (Alan Bleay Coptitution Remix) (Ohlsdorf) – Alan Bleay